Spring storms are on their way! With spring storms come some pretty nasty wind and weather altogether. Have you taken the time to figure out what you and your family will do if the power ever went out? Without power you would have no heating, no air conditioning, no power for your freezer or refrigerator.
As you can temporarily live without everything above. One thing your home cannot afford to lose power is your sump pump. More times than not, these spring storms bring in heavy rain. With a nasty combination of heavy rainfall and no power, you’ll be unable to pump out of that excess water. This flooding can be very inconvenient and costly for you and your family. Knowing this, the team here at Jeremy Electrical, Heating, and Cooling put together a list of benefits to installing a standby generator into your home.
Why Do I Need a Standby Generator?
- Comfort – Having a standby generator will keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter when there is a power outage in your area. These generators will automatically kick on when it senses a break in the power, keeping you comfortable every season of the year.
- Home Office – Working from home is much more common in today’s society. The last thing you need is for the power and internet connection to cut out during work hours. When you have a standby generator, this will relieve you of that worry as you will never have to think about what to do if your connection is disrupted.
- Convenience – A standby generator keeps you focused on what is going on in your everyday life, not worrying about whether your home will be losing power during the next storm or whenever you aren’t home.
- Versatility – Versatility comes in the use of your standby generator. You can choose whether you want to power your entire house or just a portion of your home during an outage. These generators will keep your furnace, AC, refrigerators and any medical equipment powered on and running efficiently.
- Protection from Basement Floods – Go ahead and eliminate the threat of storm water getting into your home. A standby generator will prevent your sump pump from shutting off. No one wants a flooded basement.
- Power Surge Protection – Power surges can happen at any time in the day or night and cause damage to expensive electronics back at the home. Whether or not these items are covered by insurance, it is a great idea to invest in a standby generator.
- Peace of Mind with Medically Dependent – If someone in your family relies on medical equipment to ensure their health and safety, their house is in desperate need of a standby generator. These electronically powered lifesaving devices like, oxygen tanks or ventilators will never be put into question.
- Rental Properties – This mostly concerns homes that are rented out to others or when no one is currently renting the home. A standby generator will keep the temperature inside the home to a certain degree to prevent frozen pipes in the winter or from food spoiling in the freezer.
Keep your family out of the dark or bad weather conditions with a standby generator. Not only will it keep them happy and comfortable, but it will also save you thousands of dollars in home repairs/food loss. Today’s generators offer lots of different options. You can choose from either natural gas or propane!