Jeremy Electrical, Heating & Cooling specializes in solar panel installation in Kansas City, Overland Park, Lenexa, Olathe, KS and the surrounding KC Metro areas. If you are interested in installing solar panels, we can help. Many home and business owners are interested in green alternatives to energy production and consumption. Solar panels use the power of the sun instead of fossil fuels to create energy. Solar power is the alternative energy of the future. We can help you start using it today. Just give us a call and our professionally trained KC solar installers can explain what’s involved in the purchase and installation of solar panels.
How do Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Panels Work?
Solar photovoltaic (PV) panels are made from a semiconductor material such as silicon that is able to gather high concentrations of electrons. When a photovoltaic cell is exposed to sunlight, the solar radiation on the solar cell increases the energy levels of the electrons in the semiconductor and generates electric power.
Advantages of Solar Power For Your Home or Business in Kansas City
Solar panels provide renewable energy to homes and businesses in Kansas City. While the original investment in solar power is more expensive than traditional power sources, there are many advantages, especially in the long run.
Here is a list of the advantages of installing solar panels:
- Environmentally Friendly – Provides green, renewable power by using solar energy which is free and abundant.
- Infinite Supply – The sun is a renewable energy source so solar energy makes us less dependent on fossil fuels of which we have a finite supply and will eventually run out. The cost of these fuels will also continue to rise in the future.
- Long Lifespan – PV Panels can last up to 25 years or more
- Quiet Operation – Unlike wind turbines, solar panels operate without any noise generation because there are no mechanical moving parts.
- Easy Installation – Solar panels are easy to install and use and can be easily placed in residential areas.
- Cost effective to Operate – Solar PV panels require minimum operating and maintenance cost.
- Subsidized by Governments – The government offers tax incentives to make the investment in solar PV panels more economically feasible. The cost of solar panels has been falling and is expected to continue in the future making PV panels more economically viable.
- Can Contribute to a Power Supply – Panels can be off-grid for individual use or connected to a grid to supply generated electricity to a power network.
Give Jeremy Electrical, Heating & Cooling a call if you’re interested in learning more about installing an alternative energy source like solar photovoltaic panels in your Kansas City home or business. We’ll be happy to give you more information and see if it’s right for you.