Jeremy Electrical specializes in solar panel installation in Kansas City, Overland Park, Lenexa, Olathe, KS and the surrounding KC Metro areas. If you are interested in installing solar panels, we can help. Many home and business owners are interested in green alternatives to energy production and consumption. Solar panels use the power of the sun instead of fossil fuels to create energy. Solar power is the alternative energy of the future. We can help you start using it today. Just give us a call and our professionally trained KC solar installers can explain what’s involved in the purchase and installation of solar panels.
How do Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Panels Work?
Solar photovoltaic (PV) panels are made from a semiconductor material such as silicon that is able to gather high concentrations of electrons. When a photovoltaic cell is exposed to sunlight, the solar radiation on the solar cell increases the energy levels of the electrons in the semiconductor and generates electric power.
Advantages of Solar Power For Your Home or Business in Kansas City
Solar panels provide renewable energy to homes and businesses in Kansas City. While the original investment in solar power is more expensive than traditional power sources, there are many advantages, especially in the long run.
Here is a list of the advantages of installing solar panels:
- Environmentally Friendly – Provides green, renewable power by using solar energy which is free and abundant.
- Infinite Supply – The sun is a renewable energy source so solar energy makes us less dependent on fossil fuels of which we have a finite supply and will eventually run out. The cost of these fuels will also continue to rise in the future.
- Long Lifespan – PV Panels can last up to 25 years or more
- Quiet Operation – Unlike wind turbines, solar panels operate without any noise generation because there are no mechanical moving parts.
- Easy Installation – Solar panels are easy to install and use and can be easily placed in residential areas.
- Cost effective to Operate – Solar PV panels require minimum operating and maintenance cost.
- Subsidized by Governments – The government offers tax incentives to make the investment in solar PV panels more economically feasible. The cost of solar panels has been falling and is expected to continue in the future making PV panels more economically viable.
- Can Contribute to a Power Supply – Panels can be off-grid for individual use or connected to a grid to supply generated electricity to a power network.
Give Jeremy Electrical a call if you’re interested in learning more about installing an alternative energy source like solar photovoltaic panels in your Kansas City home or business. We’ll be happy to give you more information and see if it’s right for you.
Call the local Kansas City Solar Panel Installers at Jeremy Electrical today by calling (913) 375-0070 or (816) 535-7759 for a free quote.
Frequently Asked Questions About Solar Panel Installation
Below are some of the most common FAQs our solar installation experts hear often. We hope it helps and if you have any additional questions, give us a call!
What Are The Financial Benefits Of Solar Energy?
When you install a solar energy system on your home or property, you save money on your electricity bills while also protecting yourself against rising electricity rates in the future. How much you can save depends on the utility rates and solar policies in your area, but going solar is a smart investment regardless of where you live.
What Are The Environmental Benefits Of Solar Energy?
Solar power, like other renewable energy resources, has many environmental and health benefits. Going solar reduces greenhouse gas emissions, which contribute to climate change, and also results in fewer air pollutants like sulfur dioxide & particulate matter, which can cause health problems.
How Does Solar Impact My Property Values?
Multiple studies have shown that homes with solar energy systems sell for more than homes without them. However, your property value will only increase if you own, rather than lease, your solar panel system. In most parts of the United States, going solar will actually increase your property value more than a kitchen renovation would.
How Do Solar Panels Work?
Solar panels work by absorbing the sun’s energy throughout the day and convert it into direct current (DC) electricity. Most homes and businesses run on alternating current (AC) electricity, so the DC electricity is then passed through an inverter to convert it to usable AC electricity. At that point, you either use the electricity in your house or send it back to the electric grid.
Will I Still Receive An Electric Bill If I Have Solar Panels?
Unless your solar energy system includes battery storage and you are fully off the grid, you will still receive a bill from your electrical utility company. However, you can dramatically reduce your bill, or even cut the amount you owe to $0, with a quality solar panel system that matches your home energy use.
How Much Will Solar Panel Maintenance Cost?
Solar panel systems are made of durable tempered glass and require little to no maintenance for the 25 to 35 years that they will generate power. In most cases, you don’t even need to clean your solar panels regularly. If something does happen, most equipment manufacturers include warranties.
Is My Roof Suitable For Solar Panels?
South-facing roofs with little to no shade and enough space to fit a solar panel system are the most ideal for installing solar. However, in many cases, there are workarounds if your home doesn’t have the ideal solar roof. Ask one of our Kansas City solar installers and they will be happy to help evaluate your home’s roof as well as give any helpful advice.